I think mashing the two up into one beautiful recipe is my all time favourite thing to do in the kitchen. I mean sure, they’re great on their own, but throw them into the same bowl and pure magic happens. It’s like coming home to magically find all your laundry washed, folded and put away – a pure miracle of sorts, sent from the laundry gods. Or in the chocolate peanut butter’s case, the kitchen recipe gods.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Chickpea Blondies are truly a thing of wonder. Bursting with flavour, vegan, gluten-free and chocked full of protein thanks to the secret/not so secret ingredient of chickpeas!
All of the ingredients actually get tossed into the bowl of your food processor and the food processor does all the work for you – it’s a glorious thing, really. Place all ingredients into food processor bowl, turn on high for 3-5 minutes and sit back and enjoy a nice cup of coffee while the processor does all the heavy lifting. See, I told you this was an easy recipe!
crispy on the outside
full of chocolate chunks
bursting with peanut butter flavour
and, protein packed!
You could almost eat these for breakfast…not that I would ever do that…and besides, even if I did, it was all in the name of recipe development so that makes it okay, right?
So try out some of these Chocolate Peanut Butter Chickpea Blondies today – I know you’ll adore them just as much as I do. Let us know if you make them by tagging them #glutenfreeveganpantry and posting your pics to Instagram. I love to fawn over my reader’s re-creations of my recipes – it’s such an awesome feeling!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Place all ingredients except chocolate and salt into the bowl of a food processor.
- Process on high for 3-5 minutes, scraping down sides as needed, until mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Stir in dark chocolate chunks.
- Pour chickpea dough mixture into a 9 x 9 pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Edges will be crispy and firm to touch while the centre will remain moist and soft to touch.
- Allow to cool completely before enjoying. The centre will firm up a bit while cooling but will still remain perfectly moist and soft.